Service Quality Institute gives businesses the tools for strengthening customer relationships and empowering their employees. The facilitator package includes user-friendly 128 page leader guides to go through hands-on training scenarios and role-playing, enhance listening skills with a team and learn how to address frustrated customers in a constructive way.
The Handling Irate Customers facilitator package helps managers and staff members tackle stressful situations and cope with pressure when addressing problems and frustration. With Leader Guide includes a booklet and DVDs to help the manager, supervisor or business leader share techniques and methods for helping customers in organized and constructive ways. Staff members will learn valuable techniques for defusing stressful situations, empathizing with customers and successfully solving problems. Improving customer relationships not only results in increased customer loyalty, valuable business goodwill and reputation and better sales, but also lowers employee turnover and training expenses by reducing workplace stress.
Learn more about strategies for Handling Irate Customers and utilize this information within your workplace. Order this and other customer service books online from Service Quality Institute and see the events section for seminars, conferences and other events.
Success under pressure will help you take the next step up the ladder within your organization. Dealing with irate customers is one of the most pressure-packed experiences you will ever encounter on any job.Remember… difficult situations can go from bad to worse in a hurry.
6 Steps to Handle Irate Customers
- Listen carefully and with interest—but also try to listen to what they are “NOT” saying
- Put yourself in your customer’s place—how would YOU feel in a similar situation
- Ask questions and actively listen to the answers. Use closed-ended questions to elicit a yes/no, or other one-word answer because you get raw information, rather than feelings or emotions.
- Suggest alternatives that address their concerns, and always do so with sincere empathy.
- Apologize without laying blame for it might not be your fault.
- Solve the problem quickly and efficiently—and your customers to vent, which will allow you to better understand their emotion and their position
A user-friendly 140 page count page Leader Guide and a set of 2 DVDs for a leader (facilitator) to train a group of participants
- A user-friendly 128 page Leader Guide
- 2 DVDs for a leader (facilitator) to train a group of participants
Implemented in 2 sessions, spaced one week apart of 3 hours each.
(4 hours each in developing countries)